- Pulsating sine ultrasound Our marten-scarers mimic the warning calls of the animals in a very loud and highly lifelike way. This serves to prevent the habituation effect.
- Waterproof 2.0 Fully sealed, waterproof electronics in accordance with the IP 65 standard and (for devices with ultrasound) a fully enclosed speaker allow the device to be installed low down, including in areas where there may be splashing water. Even washing the engine is not a problem.
- 180° waves Ultrasound waves spread forward light, i.e. the sound is barely perceptible behind obstacles or from the sides. The special way in which the loudspeaker is designed and placed means that the aggressive ultrasonic sine tones are emitted in a beam angle of 180 degrees.
- Autonomous battery device (ultrasound) Because they are battery-operated, the ultrasound devices can be used universally and independently.
- CAN bus The electronics of modern vehicles communicate internally via a so-called CAN bus. Even in this environment, our devices can operate without any difficulty.
- Hybrid-compatible Our devices can also be easily installed in hybrid vehicles.
- E1 mark The E-1 sign confirms that the device has been tested by the Federal Motor Transport Authority (KBA).
- Acid-proof, self-extinguishing plastic The device is resistant to acids (e.g. batteries or cleaning agents) and the plastic used meets automotive industry safety standards.
|Ultrasonic frequency in kHz|
|Sound pressure in dB|
|average power consumption|
|Operating temperature range|
|CAN bus and hybrid compatible|
|Zulassung E1 des KBA|
|Acid-proof, self-extinguishing plastic|
Open the device with a screwdriver (unscrew the base plate). Insert the batteries into the battery holder. When all the batteries have been inserted, the LED below the loudspeaker will flash approx. every 6 seconds. A flashing LED means the device is working. Screw the base plate back on and mount the device in the intended position (using cable ties or screws). Ultrasonic tones spread like light – in a straight line. Where they are blocked by obstacles, shadows are cast (ultrasonic sound cannot be heard behind obstacles). The device must therefore be mounted such that the area to be covered by the ultrasound is as clear as possible. When installing in the engine compartment: The M8700 should be installed in the engine compartment in such a way that the dome emits the most signals at the marten’s entry points and in bite-prone areas. Please ensure there is free space in front of the dome housing so that the ultrasonic tones can spread as far as possible. Do not install directly on the exhaust manifold or directly next to the engine due to excessive heat! NB: The device is highly dirt-resistant, but a layer of dirt on the dome speaker membrane will hinder ultrasound radiation (the power is dampened by the dirt). Therefore, please attach the device in a position where thick layers of dirt cannot build up. Please see the Installation PDF file for further installation instructions.
incl. 19% VAT plus delivery