Sound waves spread like light, but obstacles can block them. An ‘acoustic shadow’ then develops, which receives hardly any of the sound pressure. For martens, the acoustic shadow is the perfect hiding place. The M2500’s specially-designed speakers make it highly effective over a wide area. This makes the game of hide and seek in the engine compartment a futile exercise for the marten.
- Pulsating sine ultrasound Our marten-scarers mimic the warning calls of the animals in a very loud and highly lifelike way. This serves to prevent the habituation effect.
- 180° waves Ultrasound waves spread forward light, i.e. the sound is barely perceptible behind obstacles or from the sides. The special way in which the loudspeaker is designed and placed means that the aggressive ultrasonic sine tones are emitted in a beam angle of 180 degrees.
- CAN bus The electronics of modern vehicles communicate internally via a so-called CAN bus. Even in this environment, our devices can operate without any difficulty.
- Hybrid-compatible Our devices can also be easily installed in hybrid vehicles.
- E1 mark The E-1 sign confirms that the device has been tested by the Federal Motor Transport Authority (KBA).
- Acid-proof, self-extinguishing plastic The device is resistant to acids (e.g. batteries or cleaning agents) and the plastic used meets automotive industry safety standards.
|Ultrasonic frequency in kHz|
|Sound pressure in dB|
|average power consumption|
|Operating temperature range|
|CAN bus and hybrid compatible|
|Zulassung E1 des KBA|
|Acid-proof, self-extinguishing plastic|
The K&K ultrasound device should be installed in the engine compartment in such a way that the device does not come into direct contact with dirt or splashing water. It should be installed in such a way that the sound outputs on the front and side beam directly into bite-prone areas. However, it should not be mounted directly onto the exhaust manifold or directly next to the engine due to excessive heat. The device can also be used outside the car to drive off martens, e.g. from buildings, garages, lofts etc. Please see the Installation PDF file for further installation instructions.
incl. 19% VAT plus delivery