Thanks to automatic activation, the EFFECTIVE device starts up automatically when the engine is switched off. Since it does not have to be connected to vehicle terminal 15, installation is quick and easy.
You then have three lines of defence: the contact plates are charged with 200 to 300 volts - the marten gets an unpleasant, but not lethal electric shock if it tries to penetrate into the vehicle. The pulsating sine ultrasound is unbearable for the marten. The flashing lights of the LEDs also disturb it.
Since the device is completely waterproof in to IP 65 standard, it can be installed low in the engine compartment without the risk of splashing water and dirt. The M5700N is particularly suitable for protecting wide or open engine compartments, such as those of today’s popular SUVs.. This is a key advantage, because the marten tries to get into the car from underneath. The animal is therefore stopped in its tracks at the entrance gates.
- High voltage (electric fence principle) “Those who cannot hear must feel!” Older martens (with impaired hearing) or very aggressive animals (territory battles) can sometimes only be driven off by electric shocks.
- Pulsating sine ultrasound Our marten-scarers mimic the warning calls of the animals in a very loud and highly lifelike way. This serves to prevent the habituation effect.
- Waterproof 2.0 Fully sealed, waterproof electronics in accordance with the IP 65 standard and (for devices with ultrasound) a fully enclosed speaker allow the device to be installed low down, including in areas where there may be splashing water. Even washing the engine is not a problem.
- 180° waves Ultrasound waves spread forward light, i.e. the sound is barely perceptible behind obstacles or from the sides. The special way in which the loudspeaker is designed and placed means that the aggressive ultrasonic sine tones are emitted in a beam angle of 180 degrees.
- shortened installation time due to automatic activation The innovative automatic voltage circuit automatically starts the device as soon as the engine is switched off. The complicated connection to vehicle terminal 15 is now no longer necessary.
- Battery monitor In addition to low power consumption, the high-voltage devices have an integrated battery monitor that cuts in when the car battery voltage is too low and switches off the unit to protect against complete discharge.
- Multi-pin plug Separating the control unit and cable harness using a multi-pin plug means the control unit can be replaced without the need for time-consuming complete removal. Multi-pin plugs for waterproof devices are similarly waterproof.
- Soft-Start K&K devices start up slowly using an intelligent soft-start circuit, and operate at a very low level of power consumption. Even the latest, highly-sensitive on-board computers do not identify our devices as power consumers. In contrast to devices with a ‘hard’ startup system and current pulses up to 25 mA, K&K will not generate error messages, even with the latest generation of engines.
- CAN bus The electronics of modern vehicles communicate internally via a so-called CAN bus. Even in this environment, our devices can operate without any difficulty.
- Hybrid-compatible Our devices can also be easily installed in hybrid vehicles.
- e1 mark The e-1 sign confirms that the device has been tested by the Federal Motor Transport Authority (KBA).
- Acid-proof, self-extinguishing plastic The device is resistant to acids (e.g. batteries or cleaning agents) and the plastic used meets automotive industry safety standards.
|Sound pressure in dB|
|High-voltage contact plates|
|Bonnet safety switch|
|average power consumption|
|Operating temperature range|
|CAN bus and hybrid compatible|
|Federal Motor Vehicle Authority (KBA) e1 approved|
|Acid-proof, self-extinguishing plastic|
The control unit and satellite speakers must be mounted in the engine compartment in such a way that they do not become overheated by excessive heat radiation (e.g. do not install near the exhaust manifold). The loudspeakers should be installed in such a way that the ultrasound metal membrane points towards the bite-prone areas of the car wherever possible. The cables for the control unit must be connected according to the wiring diagram: The negative cable must be connected to the vehicle’s chassis (negative terminal 12V) so that it conducts electricity. The positive cable with the built-in fuse holder must be connected to the positive terminal of the vehicle’s electrical system. Built-in automatic activation ensures the marten-scarer becomes operational only when the engine is switched off. Connection to vehicle terminal 15 is not required. Ultrasound is inaudible to humans. A flashing LED indicates the ultrasound and high voltage circuit are working. Please see the Installation PDF file for further installation instructions.
incl. 19% VAT plus delivery