- High voltage (electric fence principle) “Those who cannot hear must feel!” Older martens (with impaired hearing) or very aggressive animals (territory battles) can sometimes only be driven off by electric shocks.
- Pulsating sine ultrasound Our marten-scarers mimic the warning calls of the animals in a very loud and highly lifelike way. This serves to prevent the habituation effect.
- Battery monitor In addition to low power consumption, the high-voltage devices have an integrated battery monitor that cuts in when the car battery voltage is too low and switches off the unit to protect against complete discharge.
- Soft-Start K&K devices start up slowly using an intelligent soft-start circuit, and operate at a very low level of power consumption. Even the latest, highly-sensitive on-board computers do not identify our devices as power consumers. In contrast to devices with a ‘hard’ startup system and current pulses up to 25 mA, K&K will not generate error messages, even with the latest generation of engines.
- CAN bus The electronics of modern vehicles communicate internally via a so-called CAN bus. Even in this environment, our devices can operate without any difficulty.
- Hybrid-compatible Our devices can also be easily installed in hybrid vehicles.
- e1 mark The e-1 sign confirms that the device has been tested by the Federal Motor Transport Authority (KBA).
- Acid-proof, self-extinguishing plastic The device is resistant to acids (e.g. batteries or cleaning agents) and the plastic used meets automotive industry safety standards.
|Sound pressure in dB|
|High-voltage contact plates|
|Bonnet safety switch|
|average power consumption|
|Operating temperature range|
|CAN bus and hybrid compatible|
|Federal Motor Vehicle Authority (KBA) e1 approved|
|Acid-proof, self-extinguishing plastic|
The base unit should be mounted in a dry place within the car where it does not get too hot and where the ultrasonic tones can spread well into the engine compartment. The positive cable with the built-in fuse holder should be connected to ‘+12V’. The earth cable should be connected to the vehicle earth or ‘-12V’. The cable for vehicle terminal 15 can be connected to vehicle terminal 15 of the vehicle’s electrical system. NB: If you do not connect the cable to the Vehicle Terminal 15 module, the marten-scarer will be permanently switched on. Ultrasonic tones spread like light. ‘Shadows’ are created behind obstacles (no ultrasonic tones). The device’s speaker should therefore radiate onto bite-prone areas. The high-voltage cable should be laid in the engine compartment in such a way that the contact plates can be mounted on bite-prone areas. NB: Ultrasound is inaudible to humans. A flashing LED indicates the device is working. Please see the Installation PDF file for further installation instructions.
incl. 19% VAT plus delivery