An LED low battery indicator gives advance warning if the batteries are running low. Thanks to the 6 multi-contact high-voltage brushes, the biting predators are given an electric shock, which drives them away but does not injure or kill them. It does not matter whether the marten touches the contact surfaces with a sensitive body part (paws, snout) or not. The multi-contact high-voltage brushes work through the dense fur which would otherwise insulate the marten. Our dome speakers are also particularly tightly put together, in fact, they’re watertight! As a result, they can be mounted very deep in the engine compartment, preventing the marten from setting so much as a paw in the engine compartment. The pulsating sine ultrasound is the second component of the M9700 autonomous marten defence device, which offers security thanks to its low installation.
- High voltage (electric fence principle) “Those who cannot hear must feel!” Older martens (with impaired hearing) or very aggressive animals (territory battles) can sometimes only be driven off by electric shocks.
- Pulsating sine ultrasound Our marten-scarers mimic the warning calls of the animals in a very loud and highly lifelike way. This serves to prevent the habituation effect.
- Waterproof 2.0 Fully sealed, waterproof electronics in accordance with the IP 65 standard and a fully enclosed speaker allow the device to be installed low down, including in areas where there may be splashing water. Even washing the engine is not a problem.
- All-around ultrasonic radiation The dome speaker emits sound waves over 360° and in all directions. This prevents acoustic shadows from forming and provides all-round protection against martens!
- Autonomous battery device (high voltage) Battery power allows high-voltage devices to be operated completely independently of the vehicle’s electrical system. This is particularly use for motorhomes, classic cars, etc. that have long service lives.
- Multi-contact high-voltage brushes Multi-contact brushes run through the insulating fur and (along with the paws and snout) the active surface is increased by the skin itself, making it many times bigger. They can also be installed in any environment.
- Bonnet safety switch The newly developed bonnet switch (item no. 1001) immediately discharges the high voltage current on the contact plates as soon as the bonnet is opened. Active intervention/deactivation is no longer necessary. This means greater safety for vehicle owners/installers and is no problem for K&K devices, as their power consumption automatically reduces in the event of a short circuit.
- Multi-pin plug Separating the control unit and cable harness using a multi-pin plug means the control unit can be replaced without the need for time-consuming complete removal. Multi-pin plugs for waterproof devices are similarly waterproof.
- CAN bus The electronics of modern vehicles communicate internally via a so-called CAN bus. Even in this environment, our devices can operate without any difficulty.
- Hybrid-compatible Our devices can also be easily installed in hybrid vehicles.
- e1 mark The e-1 sign confirms that the device has been tested by the Federal Motor Transport Authority (KBA).
- Acid-proof, self-extinguishing plastic The device is resistant to acids (e.g. batteries or cleaning agents) and the plastic used meets automotive industry safety standards.
|Sound pressure in dB|
|High-voltage contact plates|
|Bonnet safety switch|
|average power consumption|
|Operating temperature range|
|CAN bus and hybrid compatible|
|Federal Motor Vehicle Authority (KBA) e1 approved|
|Acid-proof, self-extinguishing plastic|
The base unit should be mounted in a place where it does not get too hot and where the ultrasonic tones are able to radiate freely. As the device is waterproof, it can be installed low down in the vehicle. The positive cable with the built-in fuse holder should be connected to ‘+ 12V’. The earth cable should be connected to the vehicle’s earthing point or ‘-12V’. The high-voltage cable should be laid within the engine compartment in such a way that the multi-contact high-voltage brushes can be mounted on bite-prone areas. The multi-contact high-voltage brushes are attached to the plastic holder with two screws. Tightening the screws ‘taps’ the high-voltage cable, and contact is made. The plastic holders on the high-voltage cable are adjustable and can be fixed anywhere. NB: Ultrasound is inaudible to humans. A flashing LED indicates the device is working. Please note the Installation PDF file for further installation instructions.
incl. 19% VAT plus delivery