High-voltage defence is particularly essential particularly for aggressive animals in territorial combat and "veterans" with deteriorating hearing thresholds. The fur penetrating K&K +/- high-voltage brushes have proven to be particularly effective, which is why they are also used in the M9900 in 4-fold version. In contrast to conventional contact plates, the stainless steel brushes comb through the fur, so that not only the paw and muzzle provide a contact surface, but the entire body of the intruder. Due to the waterproof encapsulated electronics, the device can be installed particularly deep in the engine compartment and thus acts as a "bouncer" for the particularly vulnerable entry area of the marten. The flexible sliding and expandable stainless steel brushes also allow an optimal adaptation to the respective engine compartment When the bonnet is opened, the safety hood switch immediately reduces the high voltage at the contact plates, thus enabling safe working. Of course, this innovation also meets the strict OEM requirements.
*corresponds to the storage time of the battery, during which the battery can be used as an energy storage without loss of performance
- Multi-pin plug Separating the control unit and cable harness using a multi-pin plug means the control unit can be replaced without the need for time-consuming complete removal. Multi-pin plugs for waterproof devices are similarly waterproof.
- Acid-proof, self-extinguishing plastic The device is resistant to acids (e.g. batteries or cleaning agents) and the plastic used meets automotive industry safety standards.
- Bonnet safety switch The newly developed bonnet switch (item no. 1001) immediately discharges the high voltage current on the contact plates as soon as the bonnet is opened. Active intervention/deactivation is no longer necessary. This means greater safety for vehicle owners/installers and is no problem for K&K devices, as their power consumption automatically reduces in the event of a short circuit.
- Multi-contact high-voltage brushes Multi-contact brushes run through the insulating fur and (along with the paws and snout) the active surface is increased by the skin itself, making it many times bigger. They can also be installed in any environment.
- High voltage (electric fence principle) “Those who cannot hear must feel!” Older martens (with impaired hearing) or very aggressive animals (territory battles) can sometimes only be driven off by electric shocks.
- E1 mark The E-1 sign confirms that the device has been tested by the Federal Motor Transport Authority (KBA).
- CAN bus The electronics of modern vehicles communicate internally via a so-called CAN bus. Even in this environment, our devices can operate without any difficulty.
- Waterproof 2.0 Fully sealed, waterproof electronics in accordance with the IP 65 standard and (for devices with ultrasound) a fully enclosed speaker allow the device to be installed low down, including in areas where there may be splashing water. Even washing the engine is not a problem.
- Sleep mode The integrated sleep mode of the activation sensors, takes the AA batteries only on contact and "slumbers" the rest of the time.
- Autonomous battery device (M9900) Battery power allows high-voltage devices to be operated completely independently of the vehicle’s electrical system. This is particularly use for motorhomes, classic cars, etc. that have long service lives.
- E-& plug-in hybrid recommended Ideally suited for all engine generations: This marten repeller works independently and is therefore independent of the on-board network. This is particularly recommended for electrically powered vehicles.
- Reminder-App The smart reminder app reminds you in time to replace the batteries or refresh your fragrance protection. www.kuk-reminder.com
|High-voltage contact plates|
|Bonnet safety switch|
|average power consumption|
|Operating temperature range|
|CAN bus and hybrid compatible|
|Zulassung E1 des KBA|
|Acid-proof, self-extinguishing plastic|
Mount the control unit in a place where it cannot overheat. Observe the manufacturer’s operating temperature regarding the batteries. The battery compartment and connector holder should be mounted so that they can be easily accessed. The bonnet switch prevents the possibility of a voltage build-up when the bonnet is open. During the assembly, make sure that the eyelet is placed under the fastening bracket and tightened with the _xing screw so that it can allow electrical conduction with the contacting surface under the mounting bracket of the switch. Raise the contact brushes onto the high-voltage cable and lay this in a strategic location in the engine compartment. Contact brush positions should be adapted to the conditions of the engine compartment (secure entry points, routes and bite-endangered areas) . The high-voltage cable should not be placed anywhere near hot and/or rotating engine parts . Contact brushes should be mounted at a minimum distance of 10mm to other conductive parts (short-circuit hazard) and at an angle (water drainage). Fasten the contact brushes with cable ties
Please attach the yellow warning sticker ‘Warning high voltage’ so it can be clearly seen in the engine compartment !
For further information please refer to the installation PDF.
incl. 19% VAT plus delivery